The Master of Public Health in Health Professions is offered by La Trobe University.
Program Length: 2 YEARS.
The Master of Public Health will give you important foundations in systems thinking, epidemiology, policy and research methods. Learn how to gather, interpret and leverage health data to create a healthier society. Understand the key principles of promotion, protection and prevention. Develop your research skills and learn how to influence our health systems.You'll gain the skills you need to work in health systems around the world. By developing a global and multidisciplinary approach, you'll gain an understanding of public health that can genuinely influence the wellbeing of individuals, families and communities.CAREER OUTCOMESA Master of Public Health will equip you to work in a variety of health-related roles. Graduate ready to apply for roles including:
- Senior policy officerHealth project manager
- Collaborate with a range of stakeholders from government, private sector and community.
- Develop policy, briefings and project plans to implement best practice policy and improve people's quality of life.
- Design and manage health projects through to completion.
- Lead your team, negotiate with stakeholders, gain approvals, assess risks and manage budgets in line with expectations.
- Research public health problems to find solutions, recommend interventions, change policies and improve professional practice.
- Evaluation officer
- Conduct research to inform projects.
- Design studies using qualitative and quantitative research.
- Contribute to reports and communicate your research findings.