The Master of Education and Theology in Education is offered by University of Divinity.
Program Length: 18 MONTHS.
The Master of Education and Theology enables students to apply advanced knowledge of the nexus between education and theology in professional practice contexts such as faith-based schools and prepares them for further learning in these disciplines.
Course learning outcomesGraduates of the Master of Education and Theology:
- have mastery of educational and theological concepts which underpin the practice and mission of faith-based learning contexts
- have skills to reflect critically on professional practice in faith-based learning contexts, informed by education and theological theory
- apply insights from the dialogue between education and theology to generate and evaluate complex concepts in professional practice and further learning
- have communication and technical research skills to investigate, interpret and justify theoretical propositions and professional decisions in faith-based learning contexts
- apply relevant skills in the disciplines of education and theology through the execution of a substantial research-based project, capstone experience or piece of scholarship.